Elements and Alchemy
Yoga and Traditional Chinese Medicine Retreat
September 2 - September 8 2017
Join Steph and Paula for a week of yoga, Chinese medicine and ceremonies, immersed in the beautiful nature of Canada.
- 6 night’s stay in the beautiful Tashina retreat center just north of Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- 3 meals a day with vegetarian and gluten free options. If you have other allergies or dietary restrictions, accommodation can be made upon request.
- Daily Yoga with Steph. These yoga classes are tailored with the intention of helping you integrate your experience on the retreat and connect your mind, body and soul.
- 1 Personalized Acupuncture Sessions. Your initial consultation will include a two-hour private one-on-one session with Paula. During this time you will engage in a dialogue about your concerns and goals. She will also read your pulse and tongue and come up with the best diagnosis specifically for you and make recommendations accordingly.
- 3 hour Chinese Medicine and Aromatherapy workshop – Here you will learn the basics of the Chinese Medicine organ and meridian systems and which essential oils work best to support each.
- 3 hour Chakra Tuning Workshop. The intention of this workshop is to complement the work of the acupuncture by bringing awareness to the energetics of your body through the chakras. This deep practice will cover asana, pranayama, meditation and mantra as well education on chakras.
- Traditional Sweat Lodge Ceremony. This is not an experience to be missed! Together, we will we will open the retreat with the profound experience of participating in a sweat, lead in the safe hands of a Shamanic healer.
- 2 Optional Plant Medicine Ceremonies - You will have the opportunity to participate in 2 profound nights of plant medicine ceremonies. Ceremonies are lead by a traditional Amazonian Curandero who has been working with this medicine for over 15 years. Please not the cost of these ceremonies are and additional $250 per ceremony. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Paula at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is not included in the cost:
- Airport transfers
- Cost of Plant Medicine Ceremonies
Because of the unique nature of this retreat we have tried our best to find a location to fit all of our needs. It is also our intention to create an experience that is accessible to most, therefore sleeping arrangements are designed to offer several options to suit your needs.
Loft - This is an open space that would be shared with other guests. It is arranged and designed to give you the most amount of privacy possible however this will be a shared space with shared bathrooms.
Semi Private - There is an area of the house that is more closed off for those who would prefer more privacy. There is a bathroom to be shared between the 2 semi private rooms. This space can be booked for an additional $100 for the retreat.
Private - There are 3 private bedrooms for those who would like privacy for their stay. There are 2 bathrooms to be shared between the private rooms. These rooms can be booked for an additional $300 for the retreat.
About The Area
Kleinberg, Ontario is an unincorporated village roughly 1 hour North West of Toronto and 40 minutes from the Toronto Pearson Airport. It is nestled between two branches of the Humber River and is in and amongst a dense forest of pine, willow, birch and maple trees. The main street of Kleinberg is home to many heritage buildings.
Tashina retreat center is considered to be a part of Kleinberg, and is about 30 minutes from the downtown center.
The center itself is a converted barn that contains a beautiful light filled yoga studio fit with a beautiful Bluthner Grand Piano. The property includes 27 acres of rolling fields, forest and wetlands. There are walking trails throughout, a swimming pond with a waterfall, an infrared sauna and a salt water cedar barrel hottub luxuriate in.
The area surrounding Tashina is protected by the Credit Valley Conservation Authority and is considered a biosphere.
Visit out www.tashina.ca for more information.
Cost: $1695 CND
Early Bird Price: $1595 CND
Payments are to be made in Canadian dollars either via pay pal to email@example.com or cash.
A deposit of $500 is required to hold you space and in non refundable.
The total payment will be due by June 1, 2017.
There are 2 semi private rooms which can be booked for an additional $100 for the week.
There are 3 private rooms which can be booked for an additional $300 for the week.
There is an early bird discount available until May 1, 2017 of $100 off the total price.
Please note ceremony costs are not included and are to be paid in Canadian cash at the time. The cost per ceremony is $250.
Please be advised - because of the nature of this retreat minimum numbers apply. If there are not 7 people signed up by June 1, a full refund will be given and the retreat will not run.
See Below for Images from Past Retreats!